Friday, April 17, 2009

Yikes!

OK, so tonight is the night I'm getting my tattoo. It's just going to be a small quill on my right wrist (I want to be a writer so I thought it was fitting)...I thought I'd start out small.

The people at the tat place seem nice enough and my friend is coming with me to hold my hand...probably literally!

The thing is though, I'm shitting myself. I don't know what it is, probably the unknown, the fact that I don't know how painful it will be but yikes! I couldn't sleep last night, have had a perpetual stomach ache all day and now with only 2 hours to go, feel as though I'm gunna throw up. It's not like I don't want it, I'm just...scared.

The scariest thing was telling my Dad. I'd already told my Mum a few days ago and while she kinda freaked at the beginning, she seemed OK with it this morning. But I wanted to tell my dad before I did it (we're tight knit, don't want to spring it on them like some petulant teenager. Plus, it's not like I'm doing it for attention, I've always wanted one.)

So anyway, I told him this morning and he said the best thing ever! he said "you're 25 now, you can do what you want" which of course is sooo true but something i seem to forget now that I'm living back home.

So anyway, wish me luck. I'll post a picture if it's awesome and will completely freak out if it's not. :)

No comments: