I was listening to NPR on the way home from work today and among all the jolly news was the following:
1.Chrysler could file for bankruptcy next week
2. Michigan employment won't get better for 5 years
3. The moon will fall out of the sky
OK, so the last one isn't real but the other two are depressing enough really.
I am now seriously considering moving out of state as the likelihood of me getting a job here in nil. I think I'm going to go on a "DaisyChain job tour" this summer. I have friends/relatives in California, New York, England and Minneapolis and hopefully I'll be able to find a job in one of those places.
To be honest I don't think I'd do well in Cali (I'm a red head with fair skin...not great for a year round sunny climate), New York scares me a bit but I'm more likely to get a job that I want there (in publishing) and I kinda love the culture and night life. Minneapolis has my Bro so that's kinda cool and England...well duh!
So who knows. I'm kinda looking forward to it. Maybe this is a good thing in disguise.
No comments:
Post a Comment