Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dum Dum Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

I had a meeting with my boss yesterday, and to be honest I have to say I came away from it very confused.

I only have a month left for my internship and she wanted to talk about how I was getting on. Now, this may just be me, but wouldn't it make more sense to have this conversation a month after I started, not a month before I leave?

She said I need to incorporate myself more in the group which seems slightly ridiculous since they all know where I am, and I'm constantly begging for stuff to do. Plus (as today shows) they are never bloody here! The "team" is currently in DC, with another member on maternity leave...how the hell am I supposed to spend more time with the "team" when the "team" is never bloody here?

She said she wanted to make sure I was getting the most out of the expedience, which I'm pretty sure is code for "we want to make sure we're getting our moneys worth". Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that, but I don't take to kindly to being criticized for not integrating into the group when for all intense and purposes they all ignore me. I could walk in in my PJ's and hair in rollers and no one would notice.

The whole conversation was truly bazaar and while I explained that I had already learned a lot and would love to be kept on if possible (erm...maybe) She kept saying the same thing over and over again.

In the end I came away from the conversation feeling like I had been well and truly bollocked...but in a way that I didn't realize it until it was over. Kinda unpleasant. But I'll keep smiling, asking for work and taking the money 'cos I think this money train will soon come to a full and abrupt stop.

No comments: