Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Comfortably Numb

I had a very strange day yesterday. I woke up as usual to the sound of my TV switching itself on (can I just say, having a TV on a timer is probably the best invention ever!)

I went to the bathroom and weighed myself. In the space of 7 days I'd put on 2 pounds...while on Weight Watchers!!!! How does that even happen? The smug little tracker on my weight watchers online popped up when I entered my weight later that morning (after a massive, cataclysmic meltdown) and said "you seem to have put on weight." If it was possible to hate an inanimate object I really hated the laptop (and the scale).

My meltdown resulted not only from my date with the scale, but also the fact that I couldn't find my black pants that I wear to work. I was up and down the stairs 4 times, going through laundry baskets, all the clothes on my floor (I might be a little messy). I ended up finding them half an hour later hanging up in my closet...the one place I neglected to inspect carefully.

Because of all this I was running late for work and had a thumping headache to boot. I went to work but started feeling worse. I was there for 2 hours and left, feeling worse than ever.

I got home, went to bed for three hours and woke up feeling oddly numb. I can't describe it, I didn't feel sick anymore, I just felt...nothing. That gradually went away as the day progressed but it wasn't until this morning that I felt back to normal.

I have a feeling the impending trauma of 25 has been effecting me. I know it's stupid and to be honest I'm not really even dreading it anymore. I'm excited to signal the start of the new me, but with two days lingering of the old me I feel like I'm in limbo. Lets hope that presents, cake and a tattoo will have me feeling like a new and improved version of myself.

No comments: