I spent most of my working day yesterday not stressing over the current economic climate, or worrying that I'll be out of a job in a month...no...I spent the whole day writing!
After waiting for hours for any of my 4 bosses to give me any work I decided maybe I should get started on the story I'm going to enter into an English magazine competition. My Nan sent me a clipping last week and I thought I should probably get it sorted before the deadline looms and I loose all interest.
I have to say that I enjoyed myself so much yesterday. Turns out I'd completely forgotten how much I enjoy writing. It wasn't Dickens or anything, but I thought it was quite good. I highly doubt I'll win anything (I've never won anything in my life and don't think I'm going to start any time soon) but I'm happy to know what there really is a job that I would enjoy. Sure the likelihood that I will ever be a published author is slim to none, but even so it's something that I can doggedly pursue and give me a goal to work towards.
So even if everything does go tits up, and I do end up loosing my job, at least there's something I Can occupy my time with.
No comments:
Post a Comment