Just watching the Wedding Date on TBS. God I love romantic comedies! They are all just so great.
It always makes me want to be in a relationship, which I suppose is the most obvious reaction any girl has to these movies. They ruin us really, making us believe in the fairy tales and meeting guys in random places and having them fall madly in love with you.
I for one have never met a guy in a coffee shop, book shop (well as a customer, I did as an employee), grocery store, club, bar, wedding, hockey game...anything (and I don't know anyone else who has either)
But really, what girl doesn't want some man to wander up to her in a shop, say "I saw you across the room and couldn't take my eyes off you", ask her out, sweep her off her feet, propose to her, marry her and live happily ever after.
And while we know the likelihood of this happening is pretty slim, and that instead we'll date someone for a few years and he'll eventually say (while scratching himself and watching sports center) "well, i suppose we should get married", we still like to believe in the fantasy because if we don't have that we're sitting in our flat alone on a Saturday night without any romantic prospects, surrounded by ice cream, slowly getting so fat that no man will ever want us.
Which is probably the state I am currently in. And although I'm munching on weight watchers cookies and drinking tea I'm pretty sure I'm destined to the later of the two scenarios above...if at all. I could always end up alone (something that's looking more and more likely)
But oh well. Because even if I do at least I'll get some satisfaction from the formulaic, utterly ridiculous and thoroughly enjoyable Romantic comedies in which there is always always a happily ever after.
1 comment:
Even after your married you still want the fairy tale cause unfortunately while I hear of from time to time that there are amazing marriages that are like something you see in a movie, they are so rare it's like a lunar eclipse. Most of us give up the dream and just settle for what's in front of us and find happiness in that....sigh. Man I sound like Debbie Downer! It is possible to find a great guy my best friend is a perfect example...so don't give up!!!
Post a Comment