I have a confession to make...I am the worlds biggest flake
I don't mean to be, its not something that is meant to be malicious, mean or rude...but some times i just can't be bothered.
An example of this happened this weekend. All week I had been planning on going out with the girlies, the week was so heinous we felt we deserved a night out. But one of the girlies wanted to go see a local play. Now I am normally all in for whatever everyone else wants to do, but after the week I'd had the last thing I wanted to do was sit in a tiny play house for two hours on a Saturday night (i was looking more for the getting drunk, passing out kind of Saturday night...and I don't even like to drink! Yes, that's how bad last week was).
So, i decided the play wasn't for me but didn't want the girlies to miss out just because I didn't want to go...so i flaked.
See, nothing malicious behind it at all. Now I also must admit that the majority of times that I flake (which I really do try not to do very often) are out of sheer laziness and I totally fess up. I live a good 45 mins from all my friends and that's fine, but sometimes you just want to go round the corner, not across town just to have to drive back 2 hours later. Plus, for some reason it's always some kind of thunder/snow storm when we organize these nights out.
However, I pledge to be better. You hear me Toots? I will try to be better. I've got less than 10 day left till My 25th which will kick start my transformation to a grown up! So I won't be Miss Flakety Flake for very much longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment