Saturday, May 23, 2009

Perseus Jackson

I've always been a massive massive fan of children's book. I love Harry Potter (although I don't think the later ones are technically children's), Peter Pan, all the Roald Dahl book and most recently the Percy Jackson adventures.

I've been reading these books for the past few years but the last in the series "The Last Olympian" came out recently and I just finished it this afternoon. It was fab!!! so much fun that I want to go back and read it all over again.

The story follows Percy (Perseus) Jackson, a "half-blood" which basically means that he's half human and half God (as in, his father is Greek God Poseidon) He goes to a camp for other half bloods and has loads of adventures with beasts from ancient Greek mythology.

I've always loved mythology especially Greek, it's all so exciting with everyone shagging each other, affairs with mortals, heroes, monsters, special powers. It's basically the basis of all cool super hero stuff. So anyway I really enjoy it, and If you're looking for a new series you should check it out.

Also, on a slightly related note, I'm still thinking about getting my tattoo (eventually, when I have money) but I'm also thinking of getting another on my back, an owl (symbol of Athena Goddess of wisdom...i figure I could use all the help wisdom-wise that I can get) I'm kinda excited about it and might get that one first.

Anyway, Check out these books. They're fast reads, exciting stories and will make you remember all the stuff you learned about Greek mythology in middle school. :)

No comments: