Monday, May 11, 2009

D Day

Diet Day 1

I started my diet this morning and have to say I think I burned more calories getting my breakfast and lunch sorted out than I consumed this morning. I felt really tired in the car. Don't know if it's just because I didn't get enough sleep or it's something to do with the diet. Had black coffee this morning to try and wake me up.

Think I should get everything sorted the night before work, because between measuring out tuna, cooking eggs, shredding cheese and trying to find another source of carbs at 6:30 am (note: as much as I love Chick Peas, my panic laden decision to eat them with my eggs and apple made me crave my English muffin and peanut butter that much more)

Also feel as though I should probably give up diet soda, as the chemical sweeteners aren't exactly on the zone (although, I can't find it in writing that they're strictly forbidden) Fear that if I do give them up I'll quit the diet within a week. With the lack of anything sweet (well, except fruit...and that doesn't count as a desert to me no matter what you do to it) I think I'll need my diet drinks to get me through the day. Plus water, coffee and tea will not satisfy my thirst (and for all those crazies who think carbonated water with lemon is the same as pop all I can say is "go pop yourself")

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I think once I get used to it it will be OK. Lets hope so anyway.

No comments: