Thursday, May 21, 2009

Diet Update

Update: I've lost 2 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello my fellow eaters, dieters and foodies.


I thought I sould say something about the diet I started almost a week and a half ago now. At first I must admit I found it a struggle, the weighing and measuring still gets on my nerves (it takes me half and hour to get everything sorted for my lunch!) and I still slip and have a diet coke every now and then, but not nearly as much as I was drinking before. (BTW I was drinking 5-7 cans of diet pop a day...soooo not good for you!)

Anyway, So it's only been a week and I haven't ofificially lost any weight yet (putting this up to PCOS and girlie things....you all know what I mean) so next week should be interesting. But I suppose the main thing is that I do feel better, and havent' cheated yet (well, except for the odd diet coke which doesn't really count) which is a pretty big deal.

The startling thing is that I'm actually starting to like....SALADS!!!!!

Salads have been the bane of my existence for ages. They don't fill you up, the dressing is either gross or too fatening and don't even get me started on those people who have deep friend chicken and ranch dressing on a salad and think it's good for them! (ok, down girl), but I had a nice, lightly dress, slightly sweet vinigerette dressing on a salad for lunch last week and it was amazing! So there is still hope for me and salad.

I've also started eating more fruit (who knew melon and cottage cheese could be so yummy?) and ate strawberries for the first time without sugar/cream/splenda since I was probably about 4 yrs old and they were lovely.

So all in all i'm pretty positive about this one. It took a while to get used to all the blocks and what you can and can't have, but I think Ive done ok. I'm not eating out of boredom or depression anymore so that is nice...basically I feel in control (and for a control freak like me, thats very good) The true test will come this summer when i'm not working...so please keep you're fingers crossed for me.

No comments: