I just read this article in The Time and wanted to cry. I've always been interested in history, especially WWII, but this is a completely different perspective on it.
The Atomic bombings in Japan have always horrified me. I remember a few years ago Oprah had some survivors on her show and I couldn't comprehend how any government could use such tactics against anyone.
In middle school I read Sadako and The Thousand Paper Cranes. I was a very short book, only about 100 pages and I remember getting to the end of the book, sitting on our huge stone fireplace and crying.
This article tells the story of a man who survived not one, but both atomic bomb blasts. His account of what happened is horrifying and should be made known to every government so something like this is never allowed to happen again. Please read it.
http://timesonline.typepad.com/times_tokyo_weblog/2009/03/the-luckiest-or.html
No comments:
Post a Comment