Monday, May 4, 2009

Dear Daria

When I was in high school my favorite tv show was MTV's Daria. I felt like just that level of social outcast and although I was ever as intelligent as Daria (in fact i'm probably still not) it was so great that there was a character on TV saying exactly what I felt.

I've been looking for the whole series on DVD but for some inexplicable reason, MTV still hasn't released it! Sure, every freakin' season on The Hills is on dvd (which ironically encompases all that Daria was against) but God forbid they release it.

It's this kind of stuff that really makes me hate TV companies. They seem determined to ruin everything. If you need examples on why these people are so inept look at the list below:

1. Pushing Daisies got canceled but Greys Anatomy is still on (Izzy having sex with a ghost...WTF?)

2. Daria not on DVD but Laguna beach, The Hills, Date My Mom and every other mtv show that sucks probably is

3. Newscasters actually give their opinion on the news!!!WTF...if I wanted you're opinion I'd ask for it...I just want to know what's happening in Mexico, not what you have to say about it.(I don't remember newscasters being allowed to do this in the UK...unless things have changed)

4. Every Single VH1 reality show! nuff said (Since when has being skanky or in rehab become something to be proud about?)

5. Anything with a title like "dancing with the stars", "skating with the stars", "shagging with the stars" etc. Half these people aren't even famous!

6. Entertainment "news" shows. Now come on CNN, Showbiz tonight? really? I like movies, music and tv as much as the next girl but I really don't give a rats ass about what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast. Now do I appriciate you guys interviewing "experts" and if they are talking about the third world debt when in fact they're talking about some chicks celulite. Celulite!!!!

Thats all I can think of for now but My God who do we have to shag to get something decent on tv?

No comments: