Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Day of Reckoning Hath Cometh

And lo the day hath come when DaisyChain is unceremoniously chucked out on her arse.

It's my last day of work today so i thought I should be a little dramatic. Nothing says drama than the words "lo" and "hath"...oldies but goodies.

Anyway, I seem to be the company leper today, no ones really talking to me. I have an meeting with my boss later (dum dum duuuuum) and also with HR, who no doubt will ask me loads of useless questions etc.

I had to fill out a performance appraisal yesterday (for the first time since high school I think...) but not much else has been happening this week.

I keep going from extremely happy that I don't have to get up at 5:30 every morning (I have a very complicated beauty routeen...*waves hand up and down* "this doesn't just happen you know!" lol totally joking!) and abject panic that I'll have no money coming in. Also, I've recently discovered all these trips I want to go on (archaeological digs in Greece and Rome) but I can't afford to. So I can either work some crap job, save up and then blow all my cash on a once in a lifetimes holiday...or I could be responsible and get a well paying, stable job and save up for the whole, house, husband, 2.5 kinds and black Labs thing...

I'm totally leaning towards the blowing my money thing. I've had a pretty shitty year, I think I deserve it.

Anyway, tomorrow the job hunt starts and whether it's a retail job to pay for my trip or a permanent, chained to the desk, cubicle junkie type job...we'll see. Please keep your fingers crossed for me though...just in case.

No comments: