I've just been reading some of my old posts and can't believe how upbeat I was when I was unemployed and living with my roommate. Granted I was hemorrhaging money and never got to go anywhere, But at least I was semi independent.
Now I'm living at home and feel the pull of "unemployment DaisyChain" is coming back. When I wasn't working all I did was sit on the couch, contemplate breakfast, read, listen to music, watch TV and I rarely got out of my PJ's unless I had an interview or was meeting my Mum.
So now, I've been out of work for all of 2 days, and I'm reverting back to that state of mind. Whats the point of going out when you can't spend any money? what's the point of getting dressed if you're not going out? and here in lies the problem...if I start thinking like this, I'll probably won't stop.
To try and counteract this I think I'm going to paint my bedroom to make it feel more like home. At least it won't be the same room it was before I moved out.
I'm going to try and keep busy, find at least a part time job no matter how much it sucks and maybe things will start to look up. You'll have to excuse me for now though, I've got a new book to read and a new DVD to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment