Saturday, October 31, 2009

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

I didn't always used to be afraid of the dark. I don't remember fearing it as a child. I don't remember dreaming about monsters, In fact the only nightmares I ever got happened when I had a fever. One time I saw so sick I saw spiders crawling down the walls (hence why I hate spiders.)

I only became scared of the dark when I was about 11 or 12 years old and was babysitting the neighbor kids with my brother. They lived in an old farmhouse which in itself was remarkably un-scary. But one night, while my brother chased after the 3 year old and I say on the couch with the baby, a man came up to their uncovered window and banged on it. I to this day don't know what he wanted or if he was playing a prank but I think it's safe to saw I'm scared for life.

To this day I can't sit next to a window at night. If there is a big, gaping window with no curtains of blinds I feel really uncomfortable. It's also why I'm afraid of the dark.

I'm sure some of you find this a little funny, but It makes it pretty impossible to watch scary movies or ghost hunters without getting severely freaked out. I suppose that's what Halloween is all about.

Happy Halloween everyone. I'm not dressing up this year but am gunna chill with my friends and watch the least scary Halloween movie ever! Shaun of the Dead! WooHoo!

No comments: