Friday, October 30, 2009

Writing Writing Writing

I've been a bit of a writing fiend recently which is why I've been struggling to come up with anything to write on the blog.

I've got three stories on the go at the moment. On one I'm up to about 40 pages and it's the one I'm writing for grad school (hopefully), the other is just an idea that popped into my head that has admittedly kind of stalled and the third is one I'm writing for a competition. I'm really excited about two of the three and think If I can knuckle down to do it, they could both turn out pretty cool.

For the competition I have to write a synopsis of the story and the first chapter. It's really not a lot to be judged on. I mean, they basically have to decide if it's something they want to continue reading after the first chapter. I'm not exactly brimming with confidence as they pick 5 stories whose authors get to go to some prize ceremony in London, where they eventually pick the winner. The cool thing about the contest though is that it's run by a literary agency. So even if I don't win I might get some attention (fingers crossed).

So anyway, that's what I'm doing at the moment. The problem is that I have all this character dialogue running through my head and when I try and go to sleep I start writing what I think a scene should be like...it's exhausting lol I have to keep a pen and pad by my bed.

That's about it really. Still haven't heard about the job but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. well, I'm going to go through this chapter and see if I can fix some of it. Later...

No comments: