Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Mum

Tomorrow is my Mum's birthday and I'm excited to have something to celebrate. I have no excuse to be a misery tomorrow and will be getting up promptly at 8am so I can get the treadmill out of the way and lavish presents on my brilliant mother.

My Mum is amazing. She's strong and smart and funny and beautiful and self sacrificing and a fitness freak. She looks better at 50-ish (she'd kill me if I gave you her real age) than she did ten years ago and looks better than me which causes me no end of chagrin. She is also my best friend. She can quote Monty Python, knows all the words to the B 52s "Love Shack", loves Paramore as much as Pink Floyd, goes to Britney Spears and Spice Girls concerts with me, dances like it's still the 80s, drives like a racing driver, thinks wine and chocolate should be separate food groups, she stayed up all night reading the last Harry Potter book, bakes bread better than Martha Stewart, refuses to use a computer, didn't see the movie Titanic because she "knew the boat would sink at the end", has a healthy appreciation for George Clooney, thinks the best place in the world is her deck in the summer, can swear in several languages, and managed to put up with me in my formative teen years...on short she's a saint!

I think if the world were run by her it would be a much better place. Anyway, this one's for my Mum who is one of my favorite people in the world. Love you loads.

XOXO

No comments: