Friday, March 27, 2009

You Lookin' at Me?

Have you ever had one of those days when you keep getting really weird looks from people?

That's what my day was like today and it constantly left me checking my face in store windows to see if I had something on my face or if I had toilet paper stuck to my shoe (I didn't).

I was walking into Target with my Mum when some teenager leaned out of his car window and shouted "hey babe" at me. Little did he know that behind my sunglasses lay dark bags under my eyes and lines forming that if observed, would surely have proved that I was ten years older than him and in no way was (or am ) I a "babe"

I got a really strange look from a guy in Costco who had a look of fear when he glanced at me. Maybe he thought that red hair is a sign of evil, or maybe he realized they were out of vats of mayo...who knows.

My Mothers had a rather different view when I pointed out these funny looks. "Maybe they just think you're beautiful" she said in that never ending delusional way the Mothers do when they think their children are the prettiest, smartest, and most amazing people on the planet. Thankfully my Mum's not normally like that so maybe she was just trying to cheer me up after finding out about last weeks bad mood, which thankfully I got over thanks to my mates intervention in blog form.

Anyway, I never did figure out what it was that had all the strangers staring...and I probably never will.

No comments: