Monday, March 16, 2009

Texting, Ex's and Dating Armageddon

I recently heard on the news that in the Detroit area of Michigan (where I live) there are 80 women to every 1 man.

So I'm blaming this statistic for my lack of dates recently. Now think about that statistic...because not all of those men are single, and not all those women are my age. So the odds of me getting a date in this town are slim to none. The only guys I know here are either dating someone else or are Ex's!

which is why sometimes I turn to *whispers* the Internet. I know I've talked about this before, but really, who wants everyone to know that they use the Internet for dating? Well I must be the most boring girl on the planet because I still haven't gotten any joy from it.

I started to talk to this one guy that I met online and although we've emailed and texted pretty frequently the *decidedly rude word* (starts with b, ends with d) hasn't got the balls to actually talk to me on the phone. I'm thinking of cutting him off, enough is enough.

So I've really lost patience now and am hoping I can find a job out of state so I can have a chance at a love life.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of guys around here? It's ridiculous and no wonder people are leaving the state in droves. If you loose your job at least you'd like to think you could get a shag to cheer you up!

No comments: