Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Don't You Want Me Baby?"

I've just finished watching the first episode of Ashes to Ashes on BBC America and am now hugely nostalgic for 1980's Britain. The show is pretty accurate about the fashion etc. My Mum had huge curly hair at the time, lived in Leggings and wore leg warmers (thankfully just for exercising, not out of the house) But it's so strange how quickly TV shows can take you back.

I have no idea why, I was only six years old when the decade of excess came to an end. . I have to say I had a great time growing up in the 80's. My Brother and I would play IT (tag) with the other kids down our road (The Rowans, Billericay) and we used to sneak off in the little forrest and build forts and try to catch field mice.

I'm not trying to get too "back in the day" here but we did used to go off for hours without Mum knowing where we were, we'd walk up the shops to get penny sweets and would walk to school as well. My Mum and I always look pleasantly back on the 80s, if only for the music. Genesis, Duran Duran, Human League...they would always be playing so loudly when we woke up on Saturday mornings. I really love our house, it was the perfect size, and i thought my rose bud wallpaper was the height of chic interior design..."sigh" I loved the 80s!

No comments: