Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patricks Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

I'm not actually Irish and I don't really drink either so generally this holiday has very little effect on my life. I don't remember it being a huge deal in England either. But I know it's a proper holiday in Ireland, and something that has been absorbed into the American calendar as an excuse to drink yourself into a coma and skip work for two days (one to drink, one to recover).

To be honest I really don't have many feelings about this either way. If you want to celebrate it in a serious manner good for you, and if you want to use it as an excuse to get pissed, God bless your liver.

I've always secretly wanted to be Irish, just a little. I don't really know why...I think as I have red hair I always thought I should have some Irish in my background. I love how Irish girls (or guys) tend to have really bright red hair, its not ginger (like mine) it's something else.

Oh, I don't know what I'm trying to say...I'm talking out of my ass! Anyway, enjoy the day all of you Irish peeps or Irish wannabes. Oh, and if you are drinking, please don't drive. I don't want to be hit by a car on the way home tonight because some douche bag couldn't spring for a $50 cab!

No comments: