Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twilight Mania

OK, so i read the Twilight books a few months ago and as I'm sure you remember got a little obsessed. I was reading them through the night etc.

So i finally got to see the movie tonight and I have to say I really enjoyed it! It got a lot of flack but really, were you expecting it to be Oscar worthy? I thought it was super entertaining and as everyone else has said, Robert Pattinson is lovely! Super sexy.

However, I couldn't have done without all the brooding looks. Yes we know Edward loves Bella and that he's tortured and sensitive, but does every shot have to show this? Edward was best when he was making some witty comment or trying to be normal. I thought Bella seemed a little too much of a tomboy and really socially awkward, and the eye rolling and twitchy delivery was a little irritating at times, but like I said, I enjoyed it. No doubt I'll have to go buy it now. I'm such a follower!

I'm looking forward to the next one as I heard there's gunna be less of the Jacob, Bella thing. I think that makes sense as all the drama happens at the end. (Plus by the second book thats about 4 guys who've been in love with Bella. Are we supposed to believe she's that wonderful? common!) Anyway, I think I'll go see the next one at the theater, should be fun.

BTW I thought the cameo by Stephani Meyers was funny, very subtle like Stan Lee in all the comic book movies.

So, call me a Twilighter once more. I might even re-read the book soon.

No comments: