Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh the Choices!

Because of the current economic climate I'm pretty convinced that when my Internship ends at the end of May and I won't be kept on...Which means I have to start thinking about what the bloody buggery hell I'm going to do once May rolls around.

I've been playing with a couple of ideas, the first being that I simply look for another job (easier said than done right now. I only got this one because of nepotism!)

The second idea was taking a year off and working my way around Australia and New Zealand. I've already looked into it and I don't think it would take me too long to save the money up. It may not be a way of furthering my career but I could do with a holiday and you never know who you'll meet on one of these things. Also I'll finally be able to check that off my "things to do" list.

The third option I suppose is to look for work out of State. This is something I'm more than open to, but I don't think a lot of people are hiring no matter where you move to.

The forth option is going back to school for my masters. That way I might be able to study abroad...but I really have no desire to be in that much debt and I really don't think it would help me get a job, in fact it would probably prevent me from getting a job.

And option five...well I don't know if there is an option five at the moment. I'm open to suggestions or your opinions on what you think I should do.

To be perfectly candid (and why not as it is my blog) I just want to work, like any other normal person. Sure I'd prefer to do something that I don't hate but I'm pretty open when it comes to career choice (well, except the obvious exclusions e.g. prostitution, anything illegal etc.)

So, with time flying way too fast, and me being a giant procrastinator I could really do with your helpful suggestions. Or if you have friends In Australia Or New Zealand who's looking for a crazy English roommate and can get me a job (and a visa)...let me know!

No comments: