Thursday, March 12, 2009

Make Lemonade

I was listening to NPR last night on the way home from work and they started reading out the comments from the articles the day before. One of them was in response to a recent graduate who apparently (as I didn't hear it I can only assume) was talking about how her life plan was ruined by the current economy and couldn't get a job etc.

A lot of the people who wrote in told her she should get over herself (which I thought was a bit harsh) but one woman wrote in say that she graduated during the last "economic downturn" and her and her husband had to try really hard to make money.

Anyway, the whole point of this is that the woman went on to say that the difficulty and the struggle is what makes life interesting and that you could end up in a place that you would never have imagined, in a good way, because things didn't "go to plan"

So I thought that was quite an interesting comment and something that I'll be thinking about a lot. So what if I'm not where I want to be, maybe something good will come out of it.

There, don't ya love it when I'm positive lol :)

No comments: