Monday, November 24, 2008

Misery = retail or vice versa

First let me preempt this post for those of you who do work in retail. I'm not trying to insult you, or the work that you do...it's just that i don't have the temperament to work in retail, and through this crap economy that is exactly what I've been forced to do. So that being said...

... I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate working in retail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the hours, i hate the customers, i hate the stupid stupid rules, i hate the training (or lack there of in this case...hey lets give you 20 minutes register training and put you on the schedule for black Friday!!!)

So i go in for training, no one knows who i am or what the hell I'm supposed to be doing there. I have to sit in a room on my own, plugged into a computer listening to total crap about how important the customer is...what totally rubbish, no one gives a shit about the customer in retail, all they want is your money and everything else is a lie to get you to give it up!!!

The woman training me has no bloody clue what she's doing and basically goes "what you really need to know is yadda yadda yadda, you got all that?" So i wasted 4 hours of my life today and at the end of it came to the realization that when confronted with the grumpy, bitchy and generally repulsive hoards of shoppers on Friday, i don't know what the hell I'm doing, and they are going to get pissed at me.

So i have 2 choices...turn up on Friday, muddle my way through and suck it up

Or

Quit now, run for the hills, enjoy the holiday season and worry about a job in the new year. After all it's only 6 weeks...

So what do you think? should i be irresponsible? say i don't give a rats ass if i have to be a mooch for the next month if it will keep me sane and happy? or continue with something that simultaneously makes my blood boil and my stomach drop at the mere thought of it. I have about 2 days to decided...what will my choice be? hopefully some of you will be able to help me figure that out.

No comments: