I've recently had a lot of time on my hands and found myself watching TV when that ancestry.com advert came on...and so i signed up.
I wasn't really expecting a huge amount, i knew my Grandad has a family Bible filled with everyone's Birthdays going back to the 1800s. Anyway I've been using the sight for about a month now and with the help of some documents and all the "hints" that you get from the sight itself, I've traced two family lines back to the 1600s!!!
I've always been a huge history nerd so it's been so exciting. I was planning of canceling my subscription just because I'm still job hunting...but i can't now that things are starting to happen. Its so interesting i just need more info from my Family. Lucky for me someone started the research before so I'm just adding a lot of their notes. Its nice to know what my Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather did for a living.
No comments:
Post a Comment