Saturday, November 8, 2008

When Hannah met Harry and Sally

OK, so i have a confession to make

I've probably seen When Harry Met Sally at least 50 times, maybe more.

I can pretty much quote the whole movie and find it impossible to turn the TV off if it's on cable. I really don't know what it is that makes me love it so much, partly the characters, the dialog etc. but it really really makes me want to live in New York! I know New York isn't the way it was in 1989 when the movie was made, but it just seems like such an amazing place.

I also have to confess that I've never been to New York (well, not strictly true, i went with my parents when i was about 3yrs old, although i don't really think that should count) So when this time of year rolls around and the weather gets cold all i want to do it watch When Harry Met Sally and wish i was living the single life in New York instead of Michigan.

So while i may be sitting on the couch watching a movie in the suburbs of Detroit, in my head I'm walking around Central Park in New York as the first snow of the year falls.

No comments: