When I worked for an Advertising Agency I would get up early just so I could stop at Starbucks on my way in. It was always freezing, with snow on the ground and I'd have a gingerbread latte.
Now at this particular Starbucks was a guy that was always jolly and smiling, even though it was 8 in the morning and no one else was very happy to be up and about. We started chatting one day and he loved the fact that I was from England. After that he'd talk to me every day and shamelessly flirt with me, even though he had a gleaming gold ring on his finger. He'd call me "gorgeous" or "beautiful" and I would always turn bright red but secretly love it (I mean not everyone tells you you're beautiful!)
When I left for England I realized I'd probably not get to see him again...
...until today, when i walked into a different Starbucks and saw him standing by the counter. He recognized me immediately, just as i did him, and I gave him a hug and said hello. He asked me what i was doing etc., offered me a job, flirted some more and bought me a drink. His name is Nathan...it turns out, and now I have a new friend.
So, here's to all those people who you never think you'll see again but somehow manage to make you smile. And here's to Starbucks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment