I have been out of work since March...MARCH!!!
Do you have any idea how much daytime TV I've had to sit through? How many times I've had to check my bank account before i go grocery shopping? how many interviews I've had to suffer through? and how many times I've been asked 'where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
I get that there's a recession on at the moment, that tons of people are out of work as well. But to be crude and perfectly honest i don't care about them right now. I am too concerned with being able to pay my rent next month. But what i want to know is Why did i go to University at all if all I'm going to be considered for are retail jobs? i might as well have worked my way up through Walmart!
The other thing is, why is it that when i actually manage to get though the 2 interviews, drug tests and all the other hoops that i have to jump through, they make me wait weeks to find out if i got the job and then don't even have the manners to call me and tell me that i didn't?!!!!
It's common courtesy! if someone takes the time to come in, ask for a job, give you all the information you need, you should at least have the manners to call them and say you've gone with someone else.
When did being polite become a novelty?
OK, so rant over...I've had this going around in my head for about 6 months, so it's nice to get it out. Now all i need is a job!
No comments:
Post a Comment