Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Life in Ruins

I just got back from seeing an advanced screening of "My Life in Ruins" and I thought it was totally brilliant.



It's actually kind of weird 'cos the whole movie was set in Greece and if you've been reading this blog lately you'll have noticed I'm a wee bit obsessed with Greece at the moment. It's the new top of my vacation list, I'm reading The Iliad and the worst thing of all is that now I've seen the movie...I want to go there ever more!

The story line is pretty scary too...a woman trying to find out what to do with herself, feeling stuck in a rut (although her rut is living in Greece, giving tours and falling for a hot Greek bloke...mine is unemployment, living with my parents and being perpetually single.)

Sometimes I wish my life would play out like a movie...but a good one lol.

So, you many ask "did the movie leave me in hope that my own life will soon be sorted out?"

Sadly my answer is no. There is a reason people love movies so much, because they bare no resemblance whatsoever to their life. I think I'm going to have to be satisfied with a boyfriend who doesn't smell, a job that doesn't make me pull my hair out and a flat the size of a postage stamp. Or, I suppose, I could always run off to Greece.

1 comment:

Neal said...

In Greece, your boyfriend will smell... :)