Friday, June 12, 2009

Computer Wars

I don't know if I mentioned it but I've been having some serious issues with my beloved laptop lately. My fave friend has decided to embark on a series of meltdowns that have caused me no shortage of bother.

For some reason it's having trouble starting and after one day where it wouldn't even turn on, I had to reload all the software onto it. Luckily I have all my stuff backed up but the three days I was without it seemed like the longest ever.

When everything seemingly got back to normal, I realized that half my music was missing. It took my Dad two hours to get it all back into place and me another 2 to get some tunes off his computer and on to mine. I suppose this proves that I'm not as great with computers as I thought I was.

I realized a few days ago that I'm now missing MS Office, and can't access my resume (perfect!) So I found a MS Office disk and installed it, only for it to tell me that it couldn't. I tried again and it worked...only it turns out it wasn't MS Office, but MS Access...someone had just labeled the disk wrong. So now I have this stupid program that I don't need, I still don't have word, excel and PowerPoint and I still can't access my freakin' resume!

I'm starting to think my beloved laptop has it in for me.

No comments: