At what point will you introduce yourself to a woman you don't know?
See, there's this myth (well, from my experience it's a myth anyway) mostly perpetrated by movies where men randomly walk up to women they like the look of (and lets face it, it's all about looks, you can't tell if someone has a great personality from 50 ft away) and either talk to them or ask them out... My point is that in the past 25 years of my life, this event has never, ever occurred. I have never been approached by a man in a bar, restaurant, car wash, Starbucks line or movie theater.
Now, of course there could be many reasons for this.
- I'm butt ugly - it's true that looks are important and no matter how much your mother tries to tell you otherwise, you are not the stunningly good looking person she thinks you are (unless you're Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox or Jennifer Aniston...in which case you are and you suck!) So, looks could be the factor...although I don't really think I'm double bagger ugly or anything. I think I'm decent looking in a very average, fade into the background kind of way...and let me tell you this, far uglier and fatter people than myself are in happy relationship and some even got picked up in the places I've listed above (although granted alcohol was probably involved.)
- I have a stand-off-ish vibe - My Grandmother once told me that I can sometimes be stand-off-ish when out in public. Like if I'm in a shop she said the way my face settles sometimes makes me look unhappy or cross. This is not something you really want someone telling you. On the other hand I think I'm quite smiley and nice when out and about. I'm one of those people who smiles when they make eye contact with a stranger, so maybe it's not that i seem icy, maybe it's that they think I'm crazy.
- I'm always with someone else - now, this I could see as being true. Guys don't want to be humiliated any more than women do, so if I'm with my family or some friends most guys aren't going to wade into the throng to tell me he likes my ass or something. I get that, but I don't think three women should count as off putting to a guy in a bar or restaurant, do you?
The whole reason for this post is this, Last night I went to a restaurant with my family for dinner. At the next table sat a guy who was probably about my age give or take a few years and who ate alone. My mother (the hysterically funny woman that she is) kept raising her eyebrows like a 1950 comedian and shifting her eyes to look at the dateless guy. She kept telling me to go over there...um no thanks. I had no intention of talking to Billy-no-mates.
Anyway, he got up to leave a few minutes before we did and as my Dad went to get the car, and my Mum lagged behind with the wrinklies, I inadvertently passed him on my way out (he was strangely lingering by the door looking at all the weird ads on the walls) So I was hanging out outside and he went to get his car. He then pulled up to the road outside to restaurant and proceeded to stare at me (in kinda a creepy way now that I think about it) for about a minute while my Dad pulled the car up etc.
It was really strange. I mean, if he wanted to talk to me he had the perfect opportunity and I don't think I had anything stuck to my face so he couldn't have been looking at me for that...so I'm just left wonder what the hell is the point of making eyes at a girl (albeit kinda creepily) if you're just going to drive off into the sunset?
Answer me this guys, I beg of you...is there a rule? a trick? a test women have to pass before you go up to them? are you all sissy little girls? from my experience most of you are (I've done most of the leg work in all of my relationships and even gave my number to a guy on the last day of class because while he walked me to my car every day he seemed incapable of asking for my freakin' number!)
Common boys, crack open the door to your little club and let me know what the hell you're waiting for...because if I have to wait for a guy to ask me out, I'll be single until I'm 50!
No comments:
Post a Comment