As the festive season comes to a close I have to say I'm having trouble letting go.
I've still got a Christmas ring tone on my phone, I'm still eating Christmas chocolate, I still turn on the Christmas lights and the scent of turkey still lingers in the air.
I suppose when you look forward to something so much you're bound to be a little let down when it's over. Granted, it's only one day of the year but I always get the feeling I used to get as a child. I know there aren't going to be any toys under the tree...but I never stop hoping that I'm going to get something that makes me as excited.
One year I asked for a cell phone (I shared one up until that point) and on Christmas morning I woke up to a funky ring tone and a box vibrating by my head. It was by far one of the best Christmas surprises I got...it was such a good idea.
I hate the idea that I'm getting too old for Christmas, too old to be excited by it anymore. I don't know what I expect, and I certainly wasn't hard done by this year...but the excitement wasn't there and I had a hard time keeping the happy. Maybe it's because I haven't have the most successful year personally and professionally...anyway I'm trying to get the happy back but until I do I don't think I'm going to be letting go of Christmas any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment