Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January Blues

January is always the most frustrating month of the yeah (in my humble opinion.) It just sits there in between December and February like a dead fish, cold and miserable.

I can't really say the New Year has gotten off to a particularly good start. My hours have been cut at work, and while I suspected it would happen, the minute paychecks I am now getting are making me panic a bit. I've been applying for tons of jobs but nothing has come up yet.
This weather also turns me into a relative hermit. I can't be bothered to go out in the snow and as I can't really go shopping (see lack of funds explination above) I've been buying used books by the truck load and an resolved to spend the rest of the winter in hibernation.

The shamefull thing is that I could be using this time to write, and I'm being very lazy about it. The problem being that I write best at night, and I keep going to sleep instead of writing. A girls got to get her beauty sleep after all (I need all the help I can get). I'm going to make a concerted effort to get going on it though as I really do love what I'm writing at the moment (a mystery!) and know what I want to happen, it's just getting the words on the page.

Anyway, all in all this has been a rambling blog and probably makes no sense other than in my head but oh well, I blame January and the blues that come along with it. Bring on February!

No comments: