So My Doctor prescribed me Adipex, an appetite suppressant but is supposed to help people like me (people with PCOS and other illnesses) loose weight. I started taking it yesterday and wasn't hungry all day, it was great. I did have the restlessness which is a known side effect, but when I woke up this morning my heart was racing and my blood pressure was through the roof. Needless to say I stopped taking the medication, but what I can't get over is the immense sense of loss. I've now lost the last thing I thought could help me loose weight.
For those of you who have never had to struggle with something like this I find it difficult to describe the immense crushing desperation that seems to seep out of me. I'm exhausted with diets, I just want to be healthy and it's the one thing my body won't let me do. Saying I'm frustrated would be the understatement of the century.
I feel lost and that I've lost my only chance of getting this under control. I'm going to continue doing what I always do, eating right, exercising and praying that something comes along to help me.
2 comments:
Sadly Essex, I understand you completly! I too have been struggling with my weight for years. One big problem I have is that I don't have the willpower. I try, but always end up giving in. I wish they made a pill for will power. Then I may be ok.
Have you tried Bontril? It's a rx weight loss medication. I'm on it, but i've only lost a few lbs, but the Dr. said it takes time. I don't notice any restlessness or jitters which is good because I'm predisposed to heart conditions, so I have to be careful about taking things like that. Maybe you should ask your Dr. about it.
Thanks for the info Ally, i'll have to look into it. I'm trying to do it myself at the moment, just eating less and exercising...weigh day tomorrow so wish me luck :) I hope things work out for you.
Post a Comment