Friday, January 8, 2010

Leap into the New Year

I thought it was important to start the new year off in the right way. Because of this the first movie I saw at the movies in 2010 was a romantic comedy. I figure this will help my own romantic Karma. Call me naive but at this point I'm open to trying anything, including inventing my own superstitions.

I went to see Leap Year which was a lovely romantic comedy full of everything you except from the genre, including but not limited to: the neurotic American woman (e.g. The Wedding Date), the hot foreign man (e.g. French Kiss), The road trip from hell (When Harry Met Sally), the two main characters who hate each other (You've Got Mail) etc. Now don't get me wrong, these aren't bad things. These are the reasons I go to see these movies, 'cos you're guaranteed a great, funny and above all else, romantic time.

The great thing about this is that the lead actors are great and can make the smallest look seem infinitely important. I would really recommend this film to anyone and everyone. Also, the third most important character in the movie is Ireland itself. Not only will you come out of the movie wishing you could marry Matthew Goode's hot Irish guy, but you'll also want to jump on the next plane to Ireland and never, ever leave.

Here's a trailer:





If you do go see it I hope you enjoy it and perhaps will have a lovely and romantic 2010 yourself.

No comments: