Thanks to the fact that I was living on my own last year I now have a surplus of Christmas clutter. My tree is so chock a block with ornaments that it's likely to tip over at any moment. My Mum is slowly bringing up her thousands of boxes of Christmas decorations and I am in no doubt she will soon start the fortnight long battle to put everything up (only to take it down three weeks later).
As for now the place looks rather forlorn as all the pumpkins have bit the dust. The only place truly festive is my bedroom which has come to resemble Santa's Grotto.
Today is also Black Friday, perhaps the most miserable day of the year. Why people feel the need to camp outside shops at 4 am instead of being snuggled under the sheets is something I can never comprehend. Especially when you can get the same cheap prices year round online!
I am dreading this years black Friday all the more because I have to work it. Granted it's a card shop, and the likelihood that people will camp out to buy wrapping paper are slim to none, still the extra traffic in the mall will still lead to endless frustration. Also, it's only my 3rd day of working there and rookies get eaten for breakfast by the turkey comatosed masses, looking to save a buck.
I'm working all weekend and fear that things will well and truly suck. Maybe I should be more optimistic...nahh...why change the habit of a lifetime?!
No comments:
Post a Comment