Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blighty Calling

Eh! that aching homesickness that seems to descend on me every few months is back. I'm current;y watching Premier League football because the announcers had English voices.

I really don't know why I get like this, probably because Christmas is getting closer and we aren't going back this year. As much as I think it's a pain to back to England for Christmas (lots of running about, nothing relaxing about it, family politics, crazy busy at Lakeside, wet and cloudy instead of snow) it's just not the same if we're not there.

I know as a grown up I should be able to accept change. I should realize things are never going to stay the same forever...but I'm still not ready for things to change just yet.

So I'm just going to spend the day drinking tea, eating English chocolate and watching Doctor Who. It's Just like being at home.

No comments: