Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm Back!

I've been having so many problems with this blog lately. I haven't been able to sign on to it from my laptop and have had to use my Dads computer, which is pretty annoying, right?

Well, turned out Google had it's knickers in a twist and it WAS them, not me. So, I feel vindicated.

My life over the past few weeks has done a rather impressive 180. I now have a job and am being considered for a second. It's all rather exciting and the prospect of having money coming in has made me go a bit mad on the shopping front. Granted I'm buying clothes to wear to work (who knew you can't have pants drag on the floor while at work?) I'm petite so had to go hunt for the perfect pair of pants, which apparently just don't exist. I spent way too much money but got a lovely little candies skirt and can't wait to wear it!

I should be getting a call tomorrow about the second job and will keep you posted. At first I was a little weary because I really don't want to be working ALL THE TIME this Christmas. But on the other hand, I'll be sure to have Christmas day off and I do really need to money. Maybe working will prevent me from getting so Christmas obsessed this year. Maybe this way I won't go into a decline on December 26th!

Now all I need is a new place, a new boyfriend, and a literary agent to try and sell my novel (well OK, the first three chapters anyway)

By the way, I've also been doing a lot of thinking about Grad school. If I don't get in I'm thinking of applying for publishing jobs in New York and maybe using my friends NY address so they're more likely to hire me! I know that sounds crafty, but otherwise they just don't look at your application and I know it would be a good place for me to work.

This is all still in the beginning phase (I haven't even told said friend about my cunning though admittedly sneaky plan...but I'm sure he won't mind) But I think I should start to think outside the box, or more specifically Michigan. Things aren't going to be back on track in this state for ages. Plus, it's not like I can get a job at a publishing house here anyway. It's just a thought, but it'll hopefully make me get my ass into gear.

All in all things look like they are a changin'...I'll keep you posted now that I have my blog back.

No comments: