Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Day Of Reckoning

After 23 days of counting down to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince I was finally able to see it last night (well, technically this morning) at a midnight showing...and it did not disappoint.

My friend Toots and I booked the tickets in advance and showed up at 9pm (that's plenty of time one would think) After getting a coffee and going back to the theater we realized that everyone else had just camped out in the theater (we didn't think they'd be open yet) and so ended up pretty close to the front of the screen so it looked like we were watching it in IMAX. It was OK though 'cos after 5 min you got used to it.

I completely loved the movie. I thought the acting was brilliant! Daniel Radcliffe was great and I loved the Felix Felicus scene and all the Harry/Ginny stuff (although I would have liked them to actually be together for most of the film like the book instead of at the end.

I did miss the battle between the death eaters and Dumbledores army with the Order of the Phoenix. I thought it was important for everyone to know that Snape had "betrayed" them. But I'm not too worried, I'm pretty sure they'll have more of that in the next movie and they'll have to bring the Fleur and Bill story in with the wedding next time too (won't they?)

I wish we got a little more info about the horcruxes...Harry should know what he's looking for before Dumbledore died (Maybe he left him a letter or something.)

The romance stuff was great and really entertaining. I liked that this movie was more about character development than action. In the past few films Hermione and Ron have been thrust to the side a little so it was cool seeing them make a come back and I thought Emma Watson and Rupert Grint did a fab job too. Some of Watsons facial expressions were classic.

I feel a huge sense of relief I have to say. After waiting for a year (I was getting totally geeked out about the November release about this time last year) I'm so happy with what they did and am even more excited about the Dealthy Hallows.

I think I'll always be a Harry Potter fan and it was really reassuring to see that there were tons of other rabid fans like me. I actually felt a little under dressed in my Hogwarts tee when everyone else was dressed up in costume. I might have to dress up in a school uniform for the last two...they should be done up right.

Anyway, have you see it yet? what did you think? are you (like me) a Potterfile for ever? Let me know and if you haven't seen it yet get down to the theater ASAP. Harry Potter Rules!!!!!!!!

P.S. I nearly bounced out of my chair when the teaser trailer for the new Percy Jackson movie was show right before HP. Can one girl handle this much excitement in one day?!?!?!?!?!?!

No comments: