Thursday, February 26, 2009

Moving on Up (well, Up and Back and a little to the Side)

As moving day approaches I can't help but think how much hassle it all is...and I really can't be bothered. Dragging boxes around in the snow, shoving furniture through comically small door frames and attempting to get a treadmill in the back of a truck all joined the list of things I never wanted to experience again...only to have to deal with them again 6 months later.

I suppose in the back of my head I knew the likelihood of me staying in the house was slim to none, after all I'd been without a job for so long it seems ridiculously naive of me to think just because Ihad rent to pay, I'd be able to find work.

We're moving all the big stuff Saturday, when it is supposed to snow...woo hoo! Just in case moving wasn't bad enough, lets add some precipitation into the mix.

I'm sad about loosing what little independence I have had over these past few months, but to be honest all that pales in comparison to the joy of knowing that I won't have to pay rent, or cable, heat, electricity, water and every other stupid bill people have to deal with on a monthly basis. As immature as it may sound I'm looking forward to only having to worry about my credit card and phone bills. I'll be able to get a new phone, text my friends more, actually go out and do stuff! something I haven't been able to do since last September when the cash flow ran out. Granted I'll be paying my Parents back at the same time, so I won't exactly be living it up but that's a small price to pay to get out of financial Armageddon.

So all in all I'm pretty happy about slowly getting my life sorted out. I feel a little like Britney Spears (in the sense of a comeback, not the washboard abs, downward spiral and being the butt of jokes thing...poor Britney) Anyway, hopefully I'm getting closer to sorting my life out. Yay!

No comments: