Tuesday, February 24, 2009

DietsRMe

I've been on a diet in one form or another since I was 14...that's ten years of dieting and I still haven't managed to get anywhere with it.

Now there are a couple of reasons for this. I won't join a gym for the simple reason that they are filled with skinny people staring at themselves in floor to ceiling mirrors. Chubby girls don't like those. It's not even like I don't exercise, I do those stupid exercise DVDs and look like a total prat, I go on the treadmill frequently but never seem to get anywhere.

Second I have PCOS - Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome (spelling? pretty bad that I can't spell the disease I have!) which among other things plays havoc with your hormones, makes if difficult for you to loose weight (like impossible) and can often lead to difficulty conceiving children (which to be honest scares the shit out of me. However, I do have a friends who has the same thing and had a lovely little girl a few years ago, so there is hope).

Anyway, the whole point of this is that I've started a new diet...Weight Watchers which I tried last year, had moderate success with until I became jobless, useless and thoroughly pissed off (when I comforted myself with food) So here we go again. It's day 2 today and so far i think I'm doing very well. I avoided the usual Shove Tuesday fare and am actually happy that I'm sorting myself out.

Now don't worry, I don't think I'm going to constantly talk about what I'm eating, how I'm exercising and how much weight I've lost (well, lets hope anyway). I know that people hate to talk about it and as a previous offender of being able to calculate the caloric intake of any food I'm going to try to keep this to myself. However, if you ask how I'm doing be prepared for me to say "I'm great! I've lost ___ amount of lbs" You gotta give me that at the very least...it has been 14 years in the making.

No comments: