Monday, February 23, 2009

25

In less than two months I'm going to be turning 25. 25!!!!

After a disastrous 24th year I'm determined to do this one right. I'm going to make this year the year of Me. Selfish, too bloody right it is but i don't really care. Everyone else gets to be selfish, why the hell can't I?

  • I'm going to get a tattoo despite my Mother's misgivings and the future prospect of me hating it.
  • I'm going to go out more, whether it be to bars, clubs, museums, blowing alleys or Starbucks.
  • I'm determined to be a better friend, a better Daughter, Granddaughter and Sister.
  • I'm going to finally put my money where my mouth is and start writing that elusive novel (well, at least get a story in mind)
  • I'm going to date more, even if at first I don't feel that spark (I might even let people set me up!)
  • I'm going to be honest about my terrible taste in music...Yes I listen to Britney Spears and the Spice Girls, So what!
  • I'm going to take a vacation, even if it's just to Chicago...it'll be mine and I'll enjoy it.
  • I'm going to pursue a career in PR/Marketing and will follow wherever it takes me. Be it Chicago, LA, London or Timbuktu.
  • I'm going to follow my weight watchers program and get down to 130 even if I have have to eat rice cakes and cottage cheese to do it.
  • I'm going to stop being jealous of people who are thinner, prettier, taller, smarter and all around better than me...they may be all those things but I am wholly unique and what they are shouldn't matter.
  • I'm going to pay my Parents back...every. single. cent.
  • I'm going to dance more, even if it's in public and I look like an idiot.
  • I'm going to more concerts.
  • I'm going to work out more and force myself to enjoy it.
  • I'm going to visit my Big Brother...in the summer when Minneapolis isn't a frozen tundra.
  • I'm going to meet new people and make new friends.
  • I'm going to get drunk just for the hell of it.
  • I'm going to let my guard down.
  • I'm going to be happy.
  • I'm going to look back at my 25th year and smile.

2 comments:

Toots said...

So, when I MAKE you go out with me you're not going to get mad?

Hannah said...

Nope, I won't get mad. In fact feel free to blackmail, bribe, threaten or otherwise force me to have a life...friends don't let friends live a boring life!