Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hypochondia

After reading my roommates blog about almost killing herself on our driveway I decided it was my duty as the unemployed member of the household to clear the drive. It was slightly difficult as there was some ice under the snow...but I managed.

The silly thing was that I didn't put a hat on, so when I came in after 8-10 minutes my ears were kinda numb...and thats when the hypochondria set in!

I've always been a total hypochondriac. I can't watch ER or other doctor shows 'cos I automatically think I have the rare disease the person wreathing in pain has.

So I came in from the cold and was automatically like "holy shit I've got frostbite!" so I was frantically rubbing my ears and put on a hat (although a little bit too late) and kept checking my ears in the mirror thinking they were going to turn black and drop off.

Now most of you would probably chill out after 10 mins and realize that you're a) not going to loose your ears and B) that everything looks and feels normal...but that's not what happens with a hypochondriac...so three hours later I'm still worrying that my ears are going to drop off.

So let me just say this. If you have any hypochondria like symptoms at all...just wear a freakin' hat when you're shoveling snow!

No comments: