Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

I'd Like to wish everyone a very Happy and joyous Christmas.

I have had a lovely day so far with my family and look forward to playing silly games later in the evening. I was a very lucky girl today and got a typewriter from my parents. It's lovely and is from 1949! It's a piece of history and when I type on it I feel connected to the journalist to lugged it around to get the scoop. Its a beautiful machine and will no doubt start me on a typewriter obsession that will lead me to have millions of them by the time I'm 30, just like books.

I also got a beautiful Betsey Johnson purse, and some socks (really pretty ones) and tons of DVDs that will keep me entertained on my self imposed exile on New Years Eve.

I am thrilled to have such a wonderful family stretching across two continents and the most brilliant friends ever! Granted this year has been truly shitty but it is these people who have kept me sane and relatively happy and I'd like to express my thanks and love to them all. Listen to me, getting all mushy.

I'm off to type some thank you notes! Merry Christmas!

No comments: