Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas at the Mall!

Christmas at the mall can only be described as Hell on Earth. I hate the mall when it's quiet and avoid it like the plague over the holidays, until this year.

Working in retail has always been like being the lowest face on the totem pole. This time of year people are stressed (usually because they've left their Christmas shopping too late again...lack of planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on mine) and so I've been struggling to deal with the madness that comes from working in a store that wraps presents.

Yesterday my boss spent the best part of two hours wrapping presents for a man and his daughter. they were very nice, but come on! spending over $100 to get stuff wrapped is like paying to go to the bathroom! Isn't there something better to do with that money?

In lighter news the house is finally fully decorated. Pictures are below. Wish I could say it was my doing but it's was my Mum's...although I did do the tree (my specialty). Take a look:













Hope you like it...it certainly feels very festive here. Also my Brother comes home today! woohoo! Merry Christmas!



No comments: