Friday, March 19, 2010

As the World Turns...On It's Head

I'm always amazed at just how much things can change in a week. Not that anything drastic has happened, just little things that add up to me slowly getting my shit together.

I FINALLY finished my grad school applications and sent them off on Monday. I can't tell you how excited I was. The fact that I went shopping that day was nothing compared to standing in line at the post office and seeing those large white envelopes disappear into the void. Now the worst part starts, the waiting.

I've also managed to possibly land myself another job. There is a new restaurant opening at the mall I work at and I applied for a hostess position in January and just assumed nothing had come of it. I got a call about an interview on Wednesday and by Thursday was scheduled for training next Friday. To be honest it's not the type of job I usually go for. I mean, I can barely stand retail without bitch slapping the customers and people get super weird when it comes to food and restaurants. However, I'm trying to be open to new experiences and the truth of the matter is that I really really need the money.

It's very likely that I'll humiliate myself in some way, shape or form but everything now is fodder for the novel anyway, so all my clownish behavior will be put to good use eventually. If I do screw up I'll be sure to let you all know...after all what's the fun in these random experiences if you can share them.

No comments: