Sunday, February 28, 2010

Greetings from California!

Hello,

As I'm typing this I'm sitting on the patio in the sun, with a slight breeze and a lovely 64 degrees. Do you hate me yet? sorry.

I'm in Cali visiting some friends and plan to get some sightseeing in as well. I've had a lovely, chill out weekend and have recovered from the horrendous Delta flights out here (can't begin to explain or I'll be here all day) Went to the beach today for a walk and watched the waves crash on the pier (high waves due to Earthquake in Chile) had coffee and crepes while overlooking the ocean. I finally understand what people mean when they say living in California is a different way of life. Everyone is so chill...no one ever seems in a hurry.

While I'd like to think I could live here, I think the constant need to cover myself in SPF 75 sunscreen to protect my pale British skin would be a little too much for me. Also, I doubt I'd find a job.

Tomorrow I'm off the the happiest place on Earth! yep, Disneyland beckons and I'm super excited about it. It costs a bomb though! (Last time I went it was $40, now it's $72! WTF?) but I think it'll be worth it, it's not the kind of place you go to everyday. I'm also planning on visiting some vintage shops (big mistake as I have no money) but I'm looking forward to that too.

I took some Pictures of the beach and will hopefully load them up soon. Well, gunna go grab something to eat. xoxo

No comments: