Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blogging

The whole idea of blogging is a little strange. I mean, here I am dumping all my personal thoughts and feelings onto a public forum where anyone can comment or judge me. That's fine I suppose, that's the way this is supposed to work.

The thing that bothers me about this is when people I know, who have known me for years, use this as an excuse to judge me. This blog is personal and is what I think and feel in the moment and as such it can be happy, sad, angry etc. It is a form of therapy for me, a way to get things off my mind in a constructive way (instead...let's say throwing stuff around my bedroom and leaving dents in the wall...which is how I used to deal with things as a teenager) This helps me get my head straight and to decided what is important to me.

I'm not going to lie on this blog. I'm not going to censor myself because someone I know might read it and think I'm sad, or strange or whatever. This is me in all my glory and if you don't like it, then you can leave it.

Despite what you may think I am happy and enjoying my life. Of course I moan about not having a good job or not having someone to love at the moment, but that doesn't mean that those things are consuming me. I'm writing a book, I'm working my ass off at a crummy job, I'm friends with my parents and Grandparents and have a group of friends that stretches over at least three continents. So why do you think I'm sad? Why am I deficient? because I'm not married or in a relationship? because I don't know where my path is going to lead?

I may not have my life together and I may have had a shit couple of years but I doing things to change my life and I think I should be commended instead of pitied. So keep your sad eyes and words of wisdom, because I don't need them. I'm quite happy as I am, thank you.

No comments: