Whether it's moving house, buying a house, dealing with a crappy job or trying to find a job, things seem to be ten times more difficult than they should. I read an article about boomerang children (ones who move back in with their parents) and you wouldn't believe the comments this article got. People complained that these people (who include me by the way) were lazy and taking advantage of their parents.
I was so appalled by this. I mean, do these people really think that I don't want a job? or that I want to live with my Parents? I mean, I love my parents a lot, but I think they deserve a break from me by now...and I think I deserve a break from them.
I want to tell these people to come to Michigan and try and find a job, because its about as easy as balancing a piano on your nose. I've applied to THOUSANDS of jobs in and out of state and still haven't had any luck. It's not even luck now that I come to think about it, it's beyond luck now.
I've been trying to come up with a way of getting things moving in my life. I'm still thinking about Grad school (and still applying), I'm currently trying to write a book (which has gone off the rails this week but that's beside the point), I'm thinking maybe I should study to be a paralegal or something...just so I have a skill or maybe just trying to get another retail job until everything blows over (but even that's impossible.)
The point is that 2009 and 2010 have blended into each other the past few months. Stress levels are at a high point in my household and many others. Luckily I'm getting a break soon. But not everyone can say that, can they?
No comments:
Post a Comment